Monday, January 3, 2011

Things I Learned in 2010

{Scarlett here}

1. Traveling in the US can be just as much fun as traveling overseas. SoCal, I love you. NYC, you're exhausting but for V, I'll come back anytime (as long as we can go to bed by 8:30). Orlando? That was a fabulous time that I'll never forget. VA Beach and Asheville, Annapolis and Charlottesville, I'm glad you're close enough that I can drive. And there's nothing quite like visiting Texas, though sometimes I wonder why they don't stamp my passport when I cross the Red River.

1a. But they DID stamp my passport when I went to RIO!!! Now I know what it's like to have visited 5 continents!

2. I came into my own as a professional. I know that because I can say what I do without giggling (most of the time).

3. My heart is stronger than I thought. It shattered into a million tiny pieces, but now? I'm SO much happier because I figured out who I am as just *me.* Not me + what he wants me to be - what he doesn't want me to be.

3a. All the good reasoning in the world can't change someone's mind.

4. People don't just fake their deaths on soap operas. Bizarre, right? I'll have to explain that one later.

5. I love blogging. It's my creative outlet and I'm SO glad I started. And even though I don't do it as much as I used to, I often think about my favorite bloggy friends (I know you know who you are because I comment on your posts!) and wonder how you're doing and send happy thoughts your way.

6. I stink at making pork loin.

Oh wait, that was tonight, not 2010. Close enough.

7. I have the BEST friends. You are supportive, encouraging, fun, smart and beautiful and I am SO lucky to have you in my life. (YES, I'm talking to you!)

8. If the sign in the parking garage says "no right turn," they mean, "NO RIGHT TURN."

9. Double-stuff Oreos + I Love Lucy = a great way to spend a Saturday morning

10. I can RUN! Who would have thought? The Marine Corps 10k was one of the most fun things I have ever done in DC. I've already signed up for 2 more races this year.

11. A positive attitude goes a REALLY long way.

12. God still speaks.

1 comment:

We love comments that are both wild AND precious.

Special note to our real-life friends: Please don't use our real names!